March 2023 – March 2043
To understand Pluto in Aquarius energy, let’s first take a look at this Pluto itself. Pluto is still considered an important planetary energy in Astrology, even though Astronomers (scientists who study the origin & structure of the Universe) have decided it’s no longer a planet. It still actually physically exists and it’s energy influences our planet. Pluto holds the energy of transformation, death & rebirth, empowerment, diving deep into the shadows to uncover ‘lost treasures’ of truth, and deep healing. It’s energy is very intense and powerful. It holds an underestimated courageous energy, as it takes great courage in order to dive deep into the shadows, and face death itself (literally or metaphorically), in order to bring great change in our lives – which ultimately supports us in re-claiming more of our True Power, that is sourced from within.
Pluto entering the Air Sign of Aquarius is a big deal. Pluto is the slowest moving planet, as it is furthest away from the Sun. Because Pluto is a slow moving planet, it stays in a sign for about 13 to 20 years (depending on the sign and how long and often it retrogrades). So when Pluto moves into a different sign, it’s a big deal. It’s a huge shift in both personal and collective energy. Therefore, this brings about a different ‘generational’ energy with it. People who are born with Pluto in Scorpio for example (between 1983-1995) have a very different generational collective energy, than those who will be born with Pluto in Aquarius (2023-2043).
Even though Pluto is technically entering Aquarius on March 23, 2023, it will be shifting back and forth between Capricorn and Aquarius throughout 2023, until it makes it’s permanent shift on November 19, 2024. It will then stay in Aquarius until March 8, 2043 (when it shifts into Pisces). This shifting back and forth between Capricorn and Aquarius in 2023, can actually provide a powerful opportunity for us to better ease into this Pluto in Aquarius energy by feeling into what remnants of Pluto in Capricorn we are still needing to let go of and let ‘die’ away, and what new beginnings, transformation & empowerment we are welcoming in as it shifts into the Aquarius energy more fully.
PLuto Leaving Capricorn
To understand the bigger picture of what this shift means, it helps to understand the energy that Pluto is leaving, which is Capricorn. Pluto has been in the sign of Capricorn since November 2008. If we think back to this time in our lives, what stands out? What big change happened around that time, or within that time? This life change likely had big impacts on us (depending on what life area of our chart Pluto was transiting), and brought huge Soul growth, transformation, death even (literal and/or metaphorical) to ultimately help align us with more of our Whole Selves and our authentic Personal Power.
Capricorn is connected to the earth element and is all about hard work, career, wealth, reputation, determination, time, structure & traditions. Capricorn is ruled by Saturn, the planet of structure, time, systems & karma. Pluto in Capricorn energy was very much about tearing down the old structures, ways, beliefs, we held around money, finances, financial and hierarchical systems, they ways we thought about ourselves and others in relation to career, finances & reputation. It really brought up questions around traditions as well: were we following old traditions and ways of doing things because they were supportive, or because it’s just what we were told to do (because we did not question what was passed down to us), or because we felt safe doing them because it was familiar and because we received approval & validation from our society for upholding these old traditions, beliefs, structures? This combination of energy could very well have asked us to question our own ancestral traditions, beliefs, roots & customs – digging for what felt in alignment with our Soul’s Highest Evolution and what did not, and allowing what no longer did, to fall away (even if that meant our reputation may have been damaged in the process).
All this change, uprooting and destruction of the old ways, beliefs, traditions, ancestral value – may have caused chaos for a time, but we are now stronger for it all. By sifting through all of these old beliefs and structures that were passed down to us from previous generations (and karma that was passed down from previous lifetimes), we now are aware of the traditions, beliefs & ancestral values that we want to keep because they align with our Soul, and the ones that we are releasing because they no longer serve our Highest Soul growth. And we know that others (including our own family members) don’t have to understand or come with us on this journey of transformation, but we must move forward in it for ourselves. And as we complete this deep Soul work and energy shifts in Capricorn, we are invited to look back at all the ways we have transformed, released old karmas and re-claimed our Personal Power, for ourselves, and for the generations to come. This work we did with Pluto in Capricorn will have felt different for different people depending on what planets are in Capricorn in your personal natal chart, and what House Capricorn is in, in your own chart.
Now is a great time to reflect on all the ways you’ve shifted your perspective, energy, thoughts, beliefs & relationships over the past 14 years (since November 2008) – and celebrate how far you’ve come!
Pluto In Aquarius
Now that we have a better understanding of what Pluto in Capricorn was about, we can better understand Pluto’s shift into Aquarius. Aquarius is an Air sign, and holds the energy of innovative thinking, new and visionary ideas, technology, frequency, friendships, global community, social media/internet & expressing our unique individuality and skills for the benefit of the larger group.
In it’s Higher expressions, it supports the individual aligning with their own unique frequency/energy in order to powerfully share their revolutionary ideas, skills, creativity, expression with the world, in ways that benefit everyone. Aquarius is co-ruled by Uranus (modern ruler) and Saturn (traditional ruler). These planets can have seemingly opposite energies. Uranus is all about uniqueness, individuality, innovation, free thinking and new ideas & technology. Saturn is all about boundaries, structure, traditional system, time & karma. So Aquarius is a mix of these energies, coming together to take the best from both worlds and create something new. Using Uranus’ out of the box thinking and ideas and Saturn’s skill with creating structure – we can create new systems and structures that better nurture the creative individual, in ways that serve the whole of humanity, Mother Earth and beyond.
Pluto in Aquarius can help us shed all the karma and heaviness around the old structures and unsupportive beliefs we held on to, so we can change and create new, more supportive structures for the world we are living in now, and the new human beings we are all becoming. This includes releasing personal & collective karma and heaviness, so that we can come together in greater union and harmony (rather than competition and scarcity) and live our lives more authentically, from our own unique frequency, being valued for our uniqueness within the group, and valuing others for their uniqueness that contribute to the multidimensional vastness of the group. Pluto is here to continue tearing up the rotten roots of the old, unsupportive, toxic systems that damage Mother Earth, us as unique individuals and as a connected collective. Like tilling the soil and adding nutrients back into it before planting the new seeds of growth. Whenever Pluto comes along, it’s always a time of destruction in some ways, and new life in others ways – but always for our Highest Soul growth and Highest Benefit. No planet or sign is inherently ‘good’ or ‘bad.’ They all have there high and low expressions. When we know how to work with the energies, and allow the growth to flow and shift the energy within and around us, then we have an easier and even positive, time with whatever changes come our way. This is true Self Mastery – which we are all learning. Depending where Aquarius is in our natal chart, we’ll be feeling this energy more powerfully in different life areas. You can see what House Aquarius is in, in your chart by entering your birth information and pulling up your chart through astro.com.
ways to align with pluto in aquarius energy
So how do we align with this energy over the next 20 years, for a smoother overall experience?
- Be seen and heard for who you truly are and don’t be afraid to express your authentic self. This is the greatest gift that you have to offer in this lifetime – radiating, expressing & sharing your unique frequency. Learning different ways to connect with Higher Cosmic energies – whether through astrology, channeling, meditating, star gazing…there are so many different ways to open up to these Higher energies and cosmic aspects of ourselves – is also highly supportive. Particularly connecting with the Sirius Star energy at this time can help us expand our consciousness and download Higher Frequency energies. If you don’t know much about Sirius or Sirian energy, a great place to start is ancient Egypt. It’s temples, wisdom traditions and energy are full of this Sirian Star frequency. Ancient Egyptian New Year itself followed the rise and fall of this star, which coincided with the rise and fall of the Nile River. Follow your intuition to see where it leads you. The colour of the star itself is a bright, electric blue. Very related to Aquarian energy. You can find the star Sirius in the night sky and connect with this electric blue energy through your Heart for further inspiration, Higher Frequencies & Spiritual downloads. Believe in your dreams and know that as you connect with these Higher Frequencies within your own Heart, you manifest your outer reality with more ease, beauty, abundance and joy – and radiate these energies out to all around you as well.
- If/when you are feeling too ‘in your head’ or scattered (because of all the fast moving Air energy of Aquarius) remember to ground in your physical body and connect with Mother Earth through your Root Chakra. Connecting with your Root Chakra and clearing out heavy energies here around ‘not belonging’ or feeling unsafe (in or outside of a group) – will be especially supportive at this time. Strengthening this Root Chakra includes being in the present moment more, being in your physical body more (especially if you tend to spend a lot of time in the mind, the cosmic or imaginatory realms) and connecting with Nature / Mother Earth (plants, animals, trees, crystals, bodies of water, all the elements, special places in Nature, etc.). This can also include more physical movements that support greater physical strength. They don’t have to be intense, like cardio or weight training (but they can be if that feels right for you). Even gentle physical movements like Tai Chi, Qi Gong, Yoga & walks in Nature have wonderful benefits for our balance, stability, agility and more – and are great ways to bring our awareness back into our bodies if we’ve been too much in the mind or Higher realms. When we work on our Root Chakra, we feel more grounded and connected to the physical world, our physical bodies and Mother Nature, and we feel more safe and secure in this physical world. We are realizing that we are more than our physical bodies (we are energy Beings) and we are also living in these physical bodies that need tending, care, nurturing and love in order for us to fully embody our Whole Selves and Highest Frequency within our physical body temples in this lifetime. Our bodies are part of us, and we are learning how to ground the Higher frequencies within our physical bodies. So all our bodies (physical, mental, emotional & energetic) need to be nurtured back into wholeness and balance.
- Though we did the bulk of this work with Pluto in Capricorn, Pluto in Aquarius still asks us to release any lingering karmas that we may be holding on to, which will bring about deeper healing to our ancestral lineages for all generations: past, present & future. As we bring more wholeness and unconditional love to ourselves, we bring powerful healing to past and future generations as well. So the time, energy, focus and commitment we are putting into our transformation, healing & Soul Journeys are not only benefiting us, but generations past, present & future. Prioritizing this important Soul Work is highly recommended. You can learn more about karma and past life connections and healing, through astrology readings, energy work, or other means. Follow your intuition with how and who you do this work with.
- Remember to set boundaries when needed. Sometimes others who are trying to hold on to the old systems, traditions and ways of living want us to come back into that outdated frequency & reality. They likely do this unconsciously and out of fear because they don’t want to change, or don’t know how. They feel comfortable with the familiar and want things to ‘go back to the way they were.’ But we are way beyond that at this point. There is no going back, for any of us. Only forward. If we feel others around us (family, friends, community, partners) trying to bring us ‘back to the way things were’, know that it’s a sign that boundaries need to be set. Others don’t have to change with us, but we can’t hold ourselves in a denser energy just to please others or attempt to make them more comfortable. We can support them on their own journey of change & transformation if they ask us too (only if they are open to it, we never want to force our perspectives on others). And if they don’t want to grow and change, we will need to set boundaries. This doesn’t mean we don’t love them anymore, it just means we will grow more apart than together, because we are shifting our energy at different rates. And this is all ok. Remember, you are meant to Be, express & radiate your Highest Frequency in this world, and you can’t do that by pleasing others or living in the past. It’s healthy to change and grow.
- If you would like extra support with grounding your energy and bringing your energy back to and feeling safe within your physical body again, we invite you to sign up to our Newsletter (below), and download our Free Fight-Or-Flight Re-Set Meditation. You can use this guided meditation over and over again, to help you come back into your body, and feel safe there again. This grounding work will be very important to come back too, throughout Pluto in Aquarius. If you don’t resonate with our Free Meditation offering, we hold the intention that you find the best method for you, of grounding your energy back into your physical body. So much Love. Always. All Ways.
Amanda & Madelene
Get our free
15 minutes of deep relaxation & grounding for mind, body & spirit.
Enter your email below to download our peaceful & effective, guided meditation, and to get our updates on Astrology, Manifestation Tips, Upcoming Offers and More!